Our services are provided by an Advanced Diabetic Foot Care Nurse (RPN FCN Ed). This treatment is focused on your foot health, but is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with your physician.
Each appointment includes
- Lower extremity and toe nail assessment
- Circulation assessment
- Treatment by cutting and filing nails with in our scope of practice
- Reduction of corns and calluses
- Buffing heels
- Reduction of thick nails
- Health education and discussing about preventative management as required
- Referral to other medical professional when required
- All instruments are sterilized according to Ministry of Heath (IPAC)
- Two-day clinical hands on practice
An appointment takes 30-45 minutes. Suggested visit frequency to maintain your foot heath typically ranges between 6-8 weeks, but can be discussed between the nurse and the client.
How the client can prepare for their appointment
- On your first appointment bring a list of your current medication and your medical health history
- Do not soak your feet prior the appointment
- Do not apply lotion 24 prior to appointment
- Wear or bring your shoes you most commonly wear
- The cost is $50 (no tax)
- Payment options: Cash, Cheque or e-transfers
- Check with your extended heath insurance if they cover nursing foot care services.
- Nursing foot care can be applied to health section for income tax if the client has no other medical coverage.